In this blog, I will show step by step process of the creation of a new Topic for chatbot from existing Topics.
Copy the Topic
- Go to https://powerva.microsoft.com/ and select the bot and Environment.
2. Click on the Topic in the left Pane.
3. Hover the mouse on topics, appears the More actions, click on the ellipsis and Make a copy.
4. The copy topic will appear in the topics list and the status will be Off.
Edit the Topic
5. Click on the copied topic and it will open, it will open the authoring canvas page for the topic. Click on the Details Tab to rename the Topic.
6. Trigger phrases to add or delete phrases.
7. Variables to show variables used in the topic.
8. Analytics to show the performance of the topic.
9. Click on save in the upper right corner of the page.
Let’s imagine you opened a new store in Hyderabad. To add the store info to your bot, you need to edit the topic design in the authoring canvas.
10. Scroll down the page to see the conversation design.
11. We need to add the new store location, Add the new Option to the Question node.
12. Automatically creates the Condition node to the new option.
13. Now add the Store Location to the Hyderabad Condition node.
14. Click on the Add node. Click on the Show a massage.
15. Add the Massage to the Show a Massage node connected to the Hyderabad Store condition node.
16. Click on the add node to the Show a massage node, when the list appears, instead of selecting an option, hover the mouse on the connector dot it will turn Pink.
17. Click on the Dot and drag it and connect to the End of Conversation node.
18. Click on save.
Turn On the Topic and Test the Changes
19 Click on the Topics and Click on the Status toggle from On to Off for Lesson 2 – A simple topic with a condition and variable and Click on Status toggle from Off to On for Get store locations.
20. Click on the test bot click on test bot and Enter the phrase Is there a store near me?, Click on send.
21. Select the Hyderabad Location in the test chat.
Hope you learn something, Thanks for Reading 📖!