The methods of user deletion in Microsoft Power Platform from Microsoft 365 admin center, Azure Active Directory (Azure AD), and Power Platform admin center.
In this article will learn the step-by-step process of the deletion of the user, This is in preview, the time of writing this blog.
Delete users in Microsoft 365 admin center (Soft Delete)
- Go to Microsoft 365 admin center. and sign in to Microsoft 365.
2. Select the Active user in the left pane, and list the Active Users in Microsoft 365.
3. Select the user you want to delete and click on the name.
4. Click on Delete User to Delete the user from Active Directory, remember this is Soft Delete only still we can Restore the User within 30 days from the date of deletion.
5. Click on Delete User.
6. Now the user got Soft deleted from Active Users in Microsoft 365.
Deleted User In Power Platform Admin Center
- Got to Power Platform Admin Center.
- Select the Environment in which the Deleted user got added.
3. Click on the Users to see all, It will show the list of users.
4. Click on the User which got soft deleted in AD.
NOTE: The user is deleted from the Microsoft 365 admin center, the user isn’t removed from environments in which they’re active. Instead, the user’s status is set to Disabled in Power Platform. It can take from 30 minutes to 6 hours for a user’s status to be updated in an environment after the user is deleted from the Microsoft 365 admin center.
5. To update the user status immediately, Click on Run Diagnostics.
6. The status of the Deleted User In the Microsoft Admin Center is Disabled in the Power Platform Admin Center.
NOTE: You can restore deleted users up to 30 days after deletion. When a deleted user is restored and a license is reassigned, the user’s status is set to Enabled in the respective Power Platform environments in which the user was disabled.
Delete User In Power Platform Admin Center
The user is not deleted from the Power Platform Environment, it just changed the status to Disabled. when the user is deleted from Active Directory. Delete the user in Power Platform Admin Center.
- Go to Power Platform Admin Center.
- Select the Environment and Open where the user wants to delete.
- Click on the Settings.
4. Select the Product and Click on Features.
5. Turn On the Delete Disabled Users. and Click Save the Changes.
Permanently Delete the User From the AD
- Go To Active Directory.
- Select the user in the Left Pane.
3. Click on the Deleted users.
4. Select the Deleted user and Click on Delete Permanently.
5. Go to the Power Platform Environment users list the user got deleted.
6. Filter the user as Users Not AAD but Exist In Environment.
7. Select the AAD Deleted user and Click on Delete User.
8. Click On Delete.
Hope you learn something, Thanks for Reading 📖!