Web Roles are security roles in PowerApps portals, which you can control the access of a portal user. After the user has been configured as the portal and contact will be created as a Portal User. Portal User must be assigned one or more Web roles to perform any special actions or access any protected content on the Power portal.
Create Web Role
- Go to Power Apps Maker Portal.
- Select the Environment where Power Portal is provisioned and click on Apps on the left pane.
- Click on the Portal Management Model-driven Apps. it will open in a new window.
4. Click on Web Roles under the security group on the site map. It will show a list of Web Roles in the system.
5. To create a new Web Role click one +New button on the ribbon.
6. It will open the form to create the new Web Role for the Power portal.
- Name Name of The Web Role.
- Website: Power Apps Portal website for which creating Web Role.
- Description: Description of the Web Role purpose. (Optional).
- Authenticated Users Role: Boolean. If set to true, this will be the default web role for authenticated users (see below). Only one Web Role with the authenticated Users Role attribute set to true should exist for a given website. All authenticated users automatically get permissions defined in this role.
- Anonymous Users Role: Boolean. If set to true, this will be the default web role for unauthenticated users (see below). Only one Web Role with the Anonymous Users Role attribute set to true should exist for a given website. This will be the default web role for unauthenticated users. The Anonymous Users Role will only respect Table Permissions.
7. Fill in the attribute values for the Web Role and click on Save.
Authenticated Users Role: Authenticated Users Role field changed to Yes (By default No) it will become the default web role for all users. This role is commonly used to provide predetermined access for users that are not associated to any other roles. Keep in mind that users can have multiple web roles, but there can only be one Authenticated Users web role for authenticated users.
The Anonymous Users Role is intended to be See also used with Table Permissions. It will not respect any other rules or permissions. By enabling the “Anonymous Users Role” it will become the default web role for all users. There can only be one Anonymous Users web role for unauthenticated users.
You should be extremely careful while creating a Web Role with Anonymous Users Role set to Yes. Just make sure that the web role should not have any permission which gives the anonymous user access to unwanted records.
Hope you learn something, Thanks for Reading 📖!