Azure Active Directory (Azure AD) group membership based on user or device properties with rules. Dynamic membership is supported for security groups and Microsoft 365 Groups. The Group membership rule is applied user and device attributes are evaluated for matches with the membership rule. When an attribute changes for a user or device, all dynamic group rules in the organization are processed for membership changes. Users and devices are added or removed if they meet the conditions for a group.
In this article will learn how to set up a rule for a dynamic group in the Azure portal.
NOTE: Dynamic groups require an Azure AD Premium P1 license or Intune for Education license.
Create AD Group
- Sign in to the Azure AD admin center with an account that is in the Global administrator, Intune administrator, or User administrator role in the Azure AD organization.
2. Click on the Groups.
3. Click on New Group.
4. Select the Group Type Security.
5. Give the Name of the Group. ( CE AD Group)
6. Give the Group Description. (CE Resources AD Group)
7. Azure AD roles can be assigned to the group set No.
8. Give the Oner of the Group.
9. Membership type select either Dynamic user or Dynamics Device. (Select Dynamic User for Users)
10. Add Dynamic Query to add users to the Dynamic AD Security Group.
11. Clock on Add Dynamic Query.
12. Click on Add expression to add the rules to the Dynamic AD Group.
13. Select the Property of the user for the Rule. (Department)
14. Select the Operator.(Equals)
15. Give the Value for Rule(CE)
16. Automatically generated the Rule syntax as well.
17. Click on Save. The pop will close.
18. Click on Create to Create an AD Group.
19. The Group will create in the AD.
Hope you learn something, Thanks for Reading 📖!